- Art memory game used as a matching game at the present time. Sixtine loves the Mona Lisa and a few other beautiful paintings. It is one of her favorite activities right now.
- Rubber bands and cork board activity / great for developing fine motor and concentration skills.
- Gluing tray / I printed off some real insects pictures and cut them off. I presented the activity by demonstrating slowly how to use the glue and she copied my movements carefully. She was very concentrated!
- Charcoal and specialty paper tray. It makes for beautiful artwork!
- Pouring water activity / developing the skill of pouring. Sixtine is becoming more and more precise. She knows when to stop and how to position her hands well.
- Gardening tools for helping her father in the backyard and vases with freshly picked flowers to decorate her table.
- Primary color tablets / sensorial / color discrimination. A lovely gift from our friend Rachael at Little Red Farm.
- Spooning beads with wooden spoon / practical life.
The weather has been absolutely gorgeous on the island (PEI,Canada) and we are spending most of our time together outside but these trays have been pretty popular! I am starting to get a bit more comfortable balancing lesson planning and down time so I am hoping to be able to blog a little more from now on. I am also excited to announce there will be a couple guest posts coming up soon on the blog!