I had been wanting to introduce a new medium for a while and thought clay would be perfect for Sixtine to express her creativity considering she loves molding and touching different textures. I was very inspired by Rachel and Kate’s blog post series. Sixtine was very engaged by this activity and I highly recommend clay as a medium for toddlers. It is a nice change from play dough – it has a different feel, smell, and texture to it.

I would like to apologize for missing in action the past couple weeks. I haven’t had a minute to myself as I have just returned to work (matching nails and stapler to prove it!) and it all happened very quickly. We are all trying to adjust to such a big change in our family routine and it has been exciting but also very challenging. There aren’t enough hours in the day at the present time so I will be posting less frequently until we find a new routine that works well for us. I miss the girls so much during the day but I also enjoy my new position. The hardest part is the breastfeeding situation – Victoire seems to be doing all right and has decided to make up for it at night – but I am very sore during the day!

I hope you stick around until we get settled into a new routine. Until then, have a beautiful weekend, Deb x

20 thoughts on “Introducing A New Medium : Clay (and an announcement)

1. Judith (little bilingues)

Congrats, félicitations Deb! It’s a big change of course but I do think it will be great for your family, you will envoy being with the girls even more now! Take your time to settle into your new family routine and have a great weekend with your little ones :)

2. Delphine

One question, why do you continue co-sleeping? I mean it’s impossible to stop breastfeeding during the night if you sleep together.
    May I suggest a great book which helped me a lot to quickly solve sleep disorders.
    Le sommeil, le rêve et l’enfant by Dr Thirion.
    You’ll thank the doctor! You can also type: méthode 5-10-15 it’s magic!

3. kenza

First Congratulations! And good luck with the new routine. Clay is wonderful. My five year old has been doing things with it for a while now. And he loves the painting part once the pieces are dry. Thank you for sharing! You are a great inspiration. Kenza.

1. kenza

Thank you. No I use a clay that is kind of reddish. They sell it at an art supply store here in Mexico – it is meant for kids so it is not toxic. It is very maleable a bit like play dough, and you can reuse it if you keep it in plastic. After you make something, you just let it dry and then paint it. Thanks again! Kenza.

4. Welcome to Mommyhood

Congratulations on your new job! I hope you are able to find a routine that works for you, soon!
    I just recently came across your blog, and I love all of the ideas you share! I’ve recently started reading up on Montessori and setting up Montessori activities for my son – your blog has been such a source of inspiration and lovely ideas so I just wanted to say thank you :) I also wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster Award :)

5. Mars M. (Montessori on Mars)

Congratulations, Deb! I know you’ll find a routine that would work nicely for all of you.

I’m also in a new routine phase since we’re moving to a new house in 2 weeks so we’d have to prepare both for the house and for the baby. Exciting times! But tiring too.

I wonder where I could get clay locally. I know of a pottery barn (not the brand) an hour drive or so from Manila (where I am) and this post reminded me to put that on the list to go to when my own child is ready. :)

Mars

1. Sixtine et Victoire Post author

Thank you Mars! You must be SO EXCITED to meet your new baby! I can’t wait to hear all about it. When are you due again? Do you have a plan for the nursery? Tell me everything :D

6. Sapling House

Best of luck with the return to work! It’s such a hard transition – I really struggled for a while. Still not sure we’ve found a routine almost a year later! Much love xo

1. Sixtine et Victoire Post author

Thank you. It will take time that’s for sure after being home for so long but I enjoy what I do and I really needed to get out of the house so that helps. My supply hasn’t dropped yet…so I am still breastfeeding. I am just really sore during the day. Enjoyed reading your last post about rocks. xx

7. Meghan

I had read the first part of this post on my blog reader, but missed the part about your new job. It’s funny, I too have just gone back to work part-time in the past few weeks, and I’m finding the whole family is still adjusting. And like you, blogging falls to the bottom of the list.

I wish you all grace and rest as you move through this transition!

1. Sixtine et Victoire Post author

Thank you Meghan! The weeks go by so quickly now…I can’t believe it my eyes. I am slowly starting to find some kind of a routine…thank you for your well wishes. All the best to you too x