I was craving chocolate the other day and we hadn’t baked together for a little while so I decided to make brownies! I wanted a recipe that would give Sixtine as much independence as possible and found a very easy recipe.
I prepared all the ingredients in small containers (bowls) and let her pour, stir and mix to her heart’s content! The brownies turned out beautifully and I ate most of it I must admit. Can’t blame it on the children or my husband but I am owning up to it!
Here is the recipe from FancyFlours:
Recipe makes approximately 16 servings.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder ( we recommend Valrhona)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour an 8 ” square pan.
2. In large sauce pan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Hand mix in 1/3 cup cocoa, ½ cup flour, salt, and baking powder.
3. Spread batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
I would love to try a gluten-free version to it if you have one you would like to share with me! There is too much gluten in my life!